Managers, immediate supervisors of individuals working at height, safety professionals or other key personnel that are responsible for the supervision, implementation and monitoring of a managed fall protection program.
The Competent Person training enables the attendee to be responsible for the immediate supervision, implementation and monitoring of a managed fall protection program. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate acknowledging you have met or exceeded OSHA and ANSI requirements as a Competent Person and Competent Inspector.
This course includes in-class lectures including slides and video and hands-on scenarios applying theory discussed to practical workplace situations. This Competent Person training is a pass/fail program incorporating both written and practical examinations and is based on the requirements of the OSHA Regulations, ANSI Z359.2 as well as local legislation that will be discussed and reinforced. Attendees will learn practical solutions to difficult fall protection problems using appropriate tools and equipment.
- Regulations relating to all fall protection topics
- Fall hazard elimination and controls methods
- Fall hazard surveys and fall protection procedures
- Responsibilities of Competent Persons
- Detailed inspection of equipment components and systems
- Fall protection system assessments and determining when a system is unsafe
- Fall protection rescue procedures
- Selection and use of non-certified anchorages
- Fall hazard surveys
RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
Note: A cancellation of a scheduled course within 2 weeks of set date will result in payment of 100% of the course fee; cancellation 2 weeks or more prior to set course date will result in a 50% payment of the total course fee. A purchase order, credit card or company check is required to initiate this course.
CAPITAL SAFETY WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION DURING AN AUTHORIZED FALL PROTECTION COURSE